We currently have an exciting new opportunity for a OLE Design Engineer working for one of the biggest names within the industry.
The successful candidate will undertake the design, supervision and management of a wide range of overhead line electrification projects. You will manage small to medium sized OLE and associated projects and reports to the Design Manager.
• Carry out outline design, detailed design and supervision of a wide variety of OLE projects
• Prepare reports and similar documentation
• Direct the preparation of drawings for outline and detailed design
• Undertake site visits and site surveys
• Manage small to medium single discipline projects as a Lead Engineer
• Work effectively as a member of multi-disciplinary project teams
• Operate within quality standards and procedures
• Assist in the preparation of bids and tender submissions
• Display understanding of budgets and programmes and operate within them
• Maintain, prospect for and develop client relationships
• Work effectively to maximise efficiency and sold time
• Implement work programmes
• Manage time and resources effectively
• Report outcome of work promptly and effectively
• Delegate effectively and demonstrate accountability
• Manage personal performance within a team
• Assist in the development of professionally based client relationships
• Contribute to the development of professional standards
• Display creativity and problem solving ability in approach to projects and tasks
• Develop knowledge and skills through CPD
• Seek and accept appropriate levels of responsibility
• Display a positive attitude in performance of tasks
• Develop a presence in the organisation and the professional, business and social environments
• Demonstrate a continuing commitment to CPD
• Chartered / Incorporated Engineer (preferred)
• MEng, BEng or BSc in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or its equivalent (preferred)
• HND Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (minimum) or equivalent
• Member of IET or IMechE desirable
• Design experience in OLE including specification, site working and/or construction and maintenance.
• Clear understanding of OLE design issues, experienced in allocation design, understanding of the requirements of basic and system design
• It is unlikely that that those with fewer than 5 years experience in this area will have sufficient knowledge and skills to work at this level.
• Technical – good understanding of the engineering issues associated with the discipline
• Communication – ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences using appropriate resources, especially written and oral
• Self motivation – able to display enthusiasm and remain positive
• Ability to operate effectively under pressure
• Team work – ability to work effectively on own initiative or as part of a team
• Computer literate – good working knowledge of Microsoft Office & CAD
• Self presentation – demonstrate an appropriate professional image
• Assertiveness – ability to address issues confidently
• Planning and organising – ability to plan and organise activities effectively
• Decision making – ability to demonstrate effective and timely decision making
• Time management – ability to deliver results within specified guidelines
OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION
• Must be willing to undertake additional duties as requested by immediate manager
• Must be prepared to comply with the Drugs and Alcohol Policy and undergo random screening
• Must be prepared to undertake railway medical and Track Safety courses
• Awareness of Health and Safety at Work Act
• Must be prepared to undertake mandatory safety courses as required
• Must be prepared to work at other UK sites, sometimes at short notice
• Must be prepared to undertake overseas business visits under one month
Technical & Professional
• Develops body of knowledge and skills relevant to work and role requirements
• Actively seeks self development opportunities and contributes to the wider body of knowledge in the company
• Applies body of knowledge and skills to role
• Ensures contribution is in line with business direction and professional excellence
Commercial & Business
• Understands the importance of clients to the client's business
• Acts to satisfy client and business expectations
• Understands the business environment in which the company operates
• Considers the wider financial and wider commercial implications of his/her actions
Operational & Interpersonal
• Communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Structures and prioritises work effectively
• Identifies core of a problem, generates and implements practical solutions
• Develops strong working relations inside and outside the team to achieve common goals
• Takes personal responsibility for making things happen and achieving results
• Understands how his/her role contributes to the client's success; actions demonstrate this understanding
HEALTH AND SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
All employees are responsible for:
• Taking reasonable care of their own health and safety and of anyone else who could be affected by their acts or omissions.
• Correctly using the work items provided, including personal protective equipment in accordance with training and instruction.
• Giving full co-operation in all matters relating to health and safety.
• Compliance with the Company’s Drugs and Alcohol Policy.
• Observing the requirements of the Health and Safety Policy as contained in the Health and Safety Manual.
• Making appropriate use of any other documentation produced related to health & safety.
• Seeking advice from Divisional H&S Managers and the Group H&S Advisor as appropriate.
• Taking a constructive and informed view on H&S training and continuing development
• Taking an active part in team briefings through sharing relevant health & safety information with others.
• Reporting on unforeseen risks that may emerge during the course of their work.
• Being aware that some common work situations can be made more hazardous through working alone.
In addition, employees must not misuse or interfere with anything provided for their health, safety and welfare.
Should you be interested in more details, please feel free to give me a call or send me an e-mail with your CV.