Our Client is looking to recruit a Monitoring & Diagnostic Engineer for a permanent position based in Newcastle.
· To work as part of team developing and delivering condition monitoring systems for high voltage and medium voltage switchgear and substations.
· To work with customers to develop solutions for condition monitoring and condition assessment requirements.
· To design condition monitoring systems for specific substation solutions.
· To organise and deliver design work packages for assembly and site installations.
· To organise and assist the production delivery of condition monitoring systems.
· Working with Condition Monitoring Team Leader and other engineering personnel to develop new condition monitoring solutions in line with customer requirements and business strategy.
· Identify with customer's detailed performance specifications for condition monitoring systems and develop designs to deliver such capability.
· Develop prototype condition monitoring and data acquisition systems.
· Provide support to factory production and testing of condition monitoring systems.
· May operate within defined limits set by the Engineering Manager and have signatory authority in accordance with the STDL signature protocol.
· Design and deliver contract work packages in-line with project deadlines and budgets.
· B.Eng in an electrical/electronic engineering discipline or relevant experience of condition monitoring systems.
· Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartered status.
· Enthusiasm and ability to learn new skills and techniques and work in an extremely flexible environment as important as relevant technical experience. · Experience of substation condition monitoring systems.
· Experience of SCADA alarms and communication protocols. · Experience of switchgear or working in a substation environment.
· Experience in measurements / instrumentation / electronic & PCB design.
· Knowledge of modern computer and communication systems.
· Good communication and interpersonal skill.
To be considered for the Monitoring & Diagnostic Engineer, please apply with an updated CV.