Rubicon Consulting are seeking candidates for both a MEP Senior QS and MEP Commercial Manager based in Europe on a permanent basis.
Please note that candidates looking to apply for the Commercial Manager position will be expected to complete the bulk of these duties with additional responsibilities that will be discussed on application.
- Skilled and budgeting, reporting, developing BOQ’s, profit plans
- Undertake and manage interim commercial meetings with the Client and Internal Project Team, report in detail as required on the commercial status of the project
- Manage subcontractor accounts, interim valuations and final accounts, ensure payment certificates are processed and payments are made per the agreed sub-contract and procurement terms, retentions apply as per agreements
- Administering the contract obligations and meet additional Client requirements, issue interim and final accounts and progress applications per project and contract requirements.
- Monthly applications to be all inclusive of accurate remeasures, site changes, dayworks and any applicable contract claims
- Identify escalations, material or labour, as appropriate
- Ability to identify potential commercial risks and ensure prompt reporting of same to Senior Management, follow direction of Senior Management in undertaking work duties
- Have a practical understanding of scheduling and the associated commercial implications, ensure close collaboration with Planning Engineer regarding accuracy of progress reporting
- Costing and agreeing daily work changes to include managing the subcontractor remeasurement of contract works, site dayworks and site change orders
- Maintain accurate records and provide necessary detailed backup to support commercial tracking and costing
- Negotiate, as necessary, with clients or their representatives
- Set an example of enthusiasm, loyalty and hard work in the performance of all duties
- Minimum 6+ years of Quantity surveying experience essential on Electrical or Mechanical Projects
- 3rd level qualification in Construction Economics / Quantity Surveying ideally coupled with a technical background as either Electrician or Electrical Engineer
- Experience working on electrical value projects in-excess of €10million within the data centre, pharmaceutical or industrial sectors
- Detailed knowledge of commercial management and QS Role within construction
- Knowledge of contract conditions and their applications and ability to administer same
- Overall understanding of the business, client and Sub Contractor relations, and installations
- Excellent Record Keeping and Administration Skills
- Process driven and focused on EHS and Quality Work Management Systems and Processes
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills dealing with design team/client/meetings etc.
- Good attention to detail, with an analytical approach and ability to work using your own initiative
- Capable of managing and developing a team and key teams player while also achieving the best possible outcomes
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!