Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a MEP Commercial Manager on a Permanent basis based in Sweden.
The Commercial Manager (Electrically biased) will support the evaluation of tender packages and submissions in conjunction with the Business Unit Manager, Comm. Lead, Operations Manager and the Tendering Manager from a commercial / contractual / design / technical / programme perspective from bid stage right through to project completion with a view to generating the greatest value for the company.
Responsibilities of the MEP Commercial Manager:-
In conjunction with your project team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of a project as follows:
- Manage the Business Unit revenue and cashflow with forecasted vs. actual monthly reporting and comply with Business commercial governance. Issue the as defined Commercial reports per pre-agreed timelines and dates.
- Agree the optimum commercial structure to support the Business Unit & the Business overall (Group BD and Estimating support on an ad-hoc basis) with the Group Comm. Dir. / BU Commercial Lead.
- Implement the optimum structure and train the Commercial Team.
- Recorded weekly meeting with the Operations Manager on key deliverables for the Business Unit.
- Co-ordinate, manage and support QS R&R deliverables to ensure all activities are running in sequence for Pre-Construction and Construction, all key milestones are met / closed on time with relevant Commercial information made available to key stakeholders and compliant with QA processes & business goals and policies.
- Use best endeavours to lead the Business Unit final negotiation process on bid management, contract signing and dispute resolution with the support of the Directors, Business Unit Manager and Commercial Lead.
- Evaluate the Tender Bids “get to the table” for Gap Analysis.
- Interpret contract rights & obligations and evaluate technical/financial risks for management reporting. Implement contract guiding policy & ensure all stakeholders understand and adhere to contractual obligations.
- Review all QS profit plans for monthly signoff and audit and challenge the detail on an interim reporting basis where risk lends itself to further ongoing review.
- Lead, manage and close matters where QS support is needed for R&R deliverables working with Operations Manager / PM / other support functions without the need for further escalation to senior management.
- Identify potential commercial risks, manage & implement agreed mitigation strategies/innovative control measures with the Group Comm. Dir. / BU Commercial Lead and ensure prompt reporting of same to Senior Management with recommendations.
- Audit live projects to ensure planned commercial processes are implemented and information is accurate. Challenge and improve commercial position and structures as required.
- Manage and approve vendor / sub-contractor / on hire agency / C2 Personnel / Consultancy sub contract terms & conditions and payments.
- Ensure Subcontract / LOI / PO with T&C’s in place in advance of commencement on site and communicate to PM if non-compliant and escalate to Senior Management if no immediate action taken where non-compliant.
- Manage the prompt closure of final account negotiations ensuring retention release on time.
- Propose and support the implementation of lean process improvements by continuously working to expand, preserve and improve procedures, standards and policies in line with Business Unit and Group Strategy Map.
- Implement and Audit Group Commercial Strategy in line with Functional Strategy Map.
- Ensure close collaboration with QS, Planning and Engineering regarding accuracy of progress reporting.
Requirements of the MEP Commercial Manager: -
- Minimum 10+ years of Quantity surveying experience essential on Electrical and or Mechanical Projects.
- 3rd Level Qualification in Quantity Surveyor / Construction Economics
- Proficient in excel.
- Detailed knowledge of commercial management and QS Role within construction
- Knowledge of contract conditions and their applications and ability to administer same.
- Overall understanding of the business, client and Sub Contractor relations, and installations
- Process driven and focused on EHS and Quality Work Management Systems and Processes
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!