We are currently recruiting for a Lead Mechanical Engineer for a contract position based in West Yorkshire.
Rate: Negotiable (DOE)
Length: 3 months initial
Location: West Yorkshire.
The successful candidate should have the following experience; -
· CEng Chartered Engineer status and engaged on a programme of Continual Professional Development.
· At least 15 years of experience in a relevant field, including at least 3-5 years in a similar role.
· A thorough working knowledge of relevant CIBSE Guides, British Standards, BSRIA, IGEM and other industry authority publications.
· An appreciation and understanding of the Construction & Design Management Regulations 2015.
· An ability to size and specify valves, instruments and piping components.
· Experience with the creation and detailing of Bills of Material for plant equipment, valves and instrumentation.
· An ability to size and specify major plant such as boilers, CHP engines, pumps and heat exchangers.
· Liaison with both internal and external clients, contractors and suppliers.
· Participance in both internal and external design meetings, technical reviews, HAZID and HAZOP studies.
· Review and Approval of Design Engineer and Graduate calculations and drawings.
· Review and Approval of Design Engineer and Graduate technical documentation.
· An ability and willingness to manage, mentor and assist the development of Design Engineers and Graduate Engineers.
· An ability to manage the departmental operation, resources, budget, programme and employees.
· The responsibility for attending major project kick-off meetings, leading the projects forward and briefing supporting engineers.
· Liaison/ define boundaries with other services as Electrical Design, Network design, Control system.
· Project document control & management in line with the company Quality Management System.
· Operate within and adhere to the company Health & Safety policy and procedures.
· An attention to detail and a high standard of verbal and written skills.
· A keen interest in combined heat and power (CHP) installations, district energy networks and energy saving technology.
· A natural aptitude for undertaking engineering calculations, analysis and problem solving.
· An interest in fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, energy transfer and stress analysis.
· Ability to find and propose solutions to internal / external clients
· Manage the resources: programme the deliveries and allocate the resources to achieve the deliverables. If additional resources are necessary, report the need to his line manager and organise the internal / external recruitment or subcontractor.
· Supplementary safety and industry specific training (such as CSCS card, IOSH, CIBSE courses).
· Writing system control philosophies, sequences and strategy.
· Writing sub-contractor scopes and major plant tender documentation.
· Writing technical specifications for system design, manufacture, installation and operation.
· Compilation and writing of Operation & Maintenance manual content for delivered designs.
· Experience of managing both clients and suppliers with regards to Employer’s Information Requirements (EIR) documentation.
· Technical ability to interpret and understand the outputs of piping stress analysis and to identify design improvements.
· Detailed knowledge of the design and configuration of boiler plant and CHP engines.
· A knowledge of specialist design areas such as steam systems, PED, ATEX, DSEAR & COMAH.
For more information please contact me 0121 667 8638/ 0786 092 1198 should this be suitable, alternatively, if you know someone who may be looking for a job like this, please feel free to pass this on.
Looking forward to hearing from you.