Rubicon consulting is currently recruiting for a Mechanical project engineer on a 6 month contract based in West Yorkshire. The successful candidate will be responsible for the individual management of Mechanical schemes predominately for the waste and clean water industry, with a particular focus on quick turnaround/emergency repair works.
• Outline engineering from inception to completion of schemes utilising in-house resources, site installation and construction personnel
• The timely completion of multiple concurrent projects, safely and within budget
• Liaise with client’s engineering and operations staff to ensure KPI’s are met or exceeded within budget constraints
• Attend internal and external review and progress meetings
• Attend site visits/meetings.
• Ascertain preliminary and detailed design/project requirements and solutions
• Prepare estimates and quotations
• Complete contract documentation
• Manage site safety, health and environmental issues
• Co-ordinate and liaise with suppliers, specialist sub-contractors, in-house functions, site installations and construction teams
• Procurement of plant, materials and specialist subcontractors.
• Attend/undertake factory site and works testing, commissioning and client training
• Compile and collate final contract documentation, “As built” drawings, test sheets etc. for inclusion into operation and maintenance manuals
• Overall responsibility for Profit/Loss on contracts undertaken
• Establishing and agreeing price variations and final accounts
Requirements : -
• An industry applicable ONC/HNC/B.Eng or NVQ equivalent
• Demonstrable experience of working within the water and / or sewage industries with specific experience of reactive/call out type works
• Commercial and contractual awareness
• Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
Please contact me for more information should this be suitable, alternatively, if you know someone who may be looking for a job like this, please feel free to pass this on.
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!