To design and develop mechanical engineering solutions for use in the onshore gas and petrochemical industries. The candidate is to be confident and experienced in providing professional engineering advise to both clients and multi-disciplinary teams on issues concerning all aspects of gas infrastructure projects. We are looking for a self-starter who has a very good understanding of AGI’s and pipeline design covering the whole project lifecycle from feasibility study to detailed design.
The following responsibilities are key to this role:
• Design of AGI’s and pipelines from feasibility though to detailed design.
• Responsible for key FPSA participation
• Responsible for the development of piping & instrumentation diagrams, ELD’s, Materials Take-Offs, ISO’s etc.
• Responsible for writing specifications for mechanical equipment such as filters, valves, heat exchangers and pressure vessels
• Responsible for undertaking relevant calculations to ensure legislative requirements are met, and process parameters do not exceed the allowable limits.
• Working with equipment vendors on developing designs for equipment packages
• Review of designs during both tender proposal and detailed design phases of a project
• Supporting development of plant layouts
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent qualifications/experience)
• Experience within the Oil & Gas industry
• In depth knowledge of gas processes and associated process conditions
• Experience of working with the G/17 & G/35 process
• Chartered Mechanical Engineer status preferred (or working towards chartership)
• Knowledge of national and international codes and standards used within the industry covering design and manufacturing requirements of plant equipment and piping
• Experience and knowledge of NGT and IDN specific standards and specifications
• Experience of carrying out AGI and piping designs
• Experience of working with mechanical designers and pipe stress engineers
• Experience of working under their own initiative and as a specialist within a multi-disciplinary team of engineers
• Experience of working with clients and contractors with a diverse range of objectives in achieving a bespoke technical solution