We are currently looking to recruit a Mechanical Engineer - Marine Energy for one of the biggest names in the industry.
• To work effectively on several marine energy consulting projects concurrently
• To co-ordinate and/or undertake programmes of technical work for wave energy clients including concept engineering, design and experimental activities
• To meet client deliverables within budget and schedule requirements
• To work alongside other professionals in multi disciplinary teams and to communicate effectively
• To prepare technical and non-technical reports
• To liaise with external organisations
• English: completely fluent speaker/writer
• Highly numerate and well developed MS Excel skills (ideally including VBA)
• Well developed report writing skills, using MS Word
• Knowledge of key industry software, e.g. Matlab, BEM solvers (WAMIT, NEMOH), CAD, CFD, FEA etc.
• Experience of project and people/contract management activities
• Initiative, self-reliance, and drive to deliver results
• Prioritising, planning, and organising own workload
• Accountability, including level of self-motivation and ambition
• Understanding client’s needs, and business development experience
• Communication and team-working skills and sharing / using best practice information
• Influencing others, including communication skills and self-confidence in general
• Willingness to be adaptable, work flexibly
The candidate should have a strong experience working on marine and/or other renewable energy projects. Previous experience of consulting or technology development experience for marine renewable energy projects for major UK clients is desirable.
• Minimum 2:1 degree from a leading University in Engineering (preferably Marine, Mechanical or Structural) or a related subject, working towards or already with a professional qualification such as Chartered Engineer.
• Potentially, in addition, an MSc or equivalent in Renewable Energy, or related subject.
• Potentially, in addition, a PhD or equivalent in wave energy, or related subject.
• Proven interest in working in the marine renewables sector long-term.