Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Mechanical design Engineer based in the Warrington on a Contract or Permanent opportunity available.
ROLES TO BE STARTED REMOTELY – INTERVIEWS & INDUCTIONS VIA VIDEO CONFERENCE
Our client is seeking two Mechanical Design Engineers who have experience working on projects within the water industry, they have recently won a large framework and are now doing all the MEP designs.
- 1 Mechanical Design Engineer (willing to progress to chartered)
- 1 Snr Mechanical Engineer (Needs to be chartered)
- Ascertaining Clients requirements either through reference to their specification documents or more likely through visiting sites with their nominated personnel.
- key requirement is the ability to determine the actual operational requirement and propose appropriate solutions.
- Working alongside the Design Team Lead / Lead designer and where applicable the Project Manager to ensure scheme designs are value engineered and adhere to client specifications.
- Retaining appropriate levels of operational security and full compliance with all relevant Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
- To promote innovation and challenge parties involved to ensure cost effectiveness in all design activities.
- To provide engineering calculations and solutions from inception to completion of schemes utilising our design partners, individual knowledge, site installation and construction personnel.
- To closely coordinate design production between in house design teams, external design companies, our suppliers and subcontractors and where applicable our client’s designers.
- Ensuring designs are approved where applicable by the client in accordance with the timescales stipulated within the contract.
- To ensure all design work is completed to agreed programmes, financial budgets, KPI’s and to a high-quality complying with the design procedure.
- Attend internal and external design reviews and progress meetings, which may include travel.
- An industry applicable BEng, BSc or equivalent in a mechanical discipline
- Conversant with hydraulic calculations including but not limited to pipelines, pump duties.
- Commercial and contractual awareness
- Working knowledge of Microsoft and Google packages
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience and understanding of water and sewage treatment processes
- Willing to progress to Chartered Engineer status
- Experience with AutoCAD, Revit and FEA software’s would be an advantage
- Strong team player but also able to work as an individual
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!