We are currently recruiting a Mechanical Design Engineer for a contract position based in West Midlands.
Rate: £300-350 per day (DOE)
Length: 6 months contract initial
Location: West Midlands
The successful candidate should have the following experience; -
Main Duties to Include:
- Design of M&E assets eg. Pumping Stations, CSO`s & associated civil structures etc.
- Equipment sizing & selection (pumps, mixers, pipework etc)
- Early site investigation works coordination
- Early procurement of materials
- Attendance and input into internal and client design reviews
- Involvement with cost to complete / budget reviews with the contract delivery teams
- Negotiating with suppliers and subcontractors
- Involvement with preparation of subcontract orders
- Assistance with the evaluation and submission of claims for variation works
- Liaison with site manager and site teams to ensure work is completed to programme, budget and quality
- Innovations to current standards
- Managing key project constraints
- Preparation & management of project programmes
- Proactive approach to maintaining high standards of Health & Safety performance
Skills & Qualifications:
- An industry applicable ONC/HNC/B.Eng or NVQ equivalent
- Commercial and contractual awareness
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Self motivation
- Be able to organise yourself and others workload
- Be proactive in your approach
- An excellent communicator
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
- AutoCAD advantageous but not essential
For more information please contact me 0121 667 8638/ 0786 092 1198 should this be suitable, alternatively, if you know someone who may be looking for a job like this, please feel free to pass this on.
Looking forward to hearing from you.