To provide an efficient planned and responsive maintenance service to the plant. To ensure optimum plant performance and output, and to guarantee conformance of all workers in relation to; legal and regulatory requirements, quality and environment assurance standards, Health and Safety, Company policies, and the company’s Safe working practices.
POSITION IN ORGANISATION
• Reports to the Plant Manager
SCOPE OF JOB
• Planning, organisation and monitoring of all routine and preventative maintenance tasks.
• Development and implementation of a routine inspection and monitoring programme to ensure the plant and all equipment performs at optimum level, and to minimise incidents or breakdowns.
• Manage a preventative maintenance schedule.
• Ensure that all data reporting on planned and unplanned maintenance actions is recorded correctly, promptly and dealt with by appropriate persons within the required time scales.
• Ensure plant cleaning schedules are fulfilled to a satisfactory standard.
• To supervise, control, support and motivate staff within the team and Subcontractors
• Participate in the preparation, planning and execution of the annual outage and any unplanned shutdowns.
• Responsible for ensuring that all staff are trained and competent to perform their duties correctly.
• Ensure that all technical documentation for all on site equipment is adequate, up-to-date and accessible to all staff.
• To work within the agreed maintenance budget and to manage its expenditure.
• Effectively manage all holiday requests and absences within the maintenance department, and ensure that adequate cover is consistently maintained.
• In the absence of the Plant Manager to take full responsibility for all plant staff and associated activities.
• Contribute to the overall performance of the Company through co-operation/assistance with other company plants, shared experiences, supporting of initiatives that are approved and supported by the Managing Director.
• Keep side by side of, and be conversant with all relevant legislation and to interpret and communicate it to all staff while giving clear guidelines in respect of appropriate action required.
• Be comfortable working at height and in confined spaces.
• Implement safe working practices in line with the Company’s Health and Safety procedures/Policy and all Company policies.
• Ensure there is a high standard of housekeeping on the plant at all times.
• To take a lead role in fire drills and evacuations.
• Work within the requirements of the Company’s Permit to Work (PTW) system.
• Highlight any necessary changes required within Plant Operating Instructions (POI’s), and Risk Assessments.
• Build and maintain strong working relationships with all departments.
• HND and/or relevant experience in Mechanical, Electrical and Instrumentation Installations.
• Experience of managing a team is essential.
Should you be interested in more details, please feel free to give me a call me or send me an e-mail.