Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Machine Operator at a senior Level based in Rugby on a 6 months contract.
CNC Lathe, Grinding Operators.
• Working safely at all times within EHS guidelines
• Working within a team but also expected to use own skills and initiative in the manufacture of Rotating Machines shafts
• Maintain the standards in the process and procedures during manufacture
• Achieving production and quality targets
• Liaising with Area and Team Leaders and other departments on the shop floor
• Supporting business needs for manufacturing output
• Understanding engineering drawings, which includes geometric tolerances and key symbols such as roundness, concentricity etc.
• How to use and calibrate measuring equipment in machine shop
• Experience working on GER Cylindrical grinding machine, and Hercules grinding machine
• Good knowledge on Heidenheim control systems
• Familiarisation with General Heidenheim G-Code, Parametric Cycles, Conversational programming on screen and Cycle definitions and Labels
• Inspect machinery and workpieces to ensure that they remain compliant with specifications to reduce any malfunctions and associated loss of production.
• Ensure grinding wheels are dressed according to specifications so that the machines remain at peak working capability.
• Stop any machines upon discovery of a problem and make the required adjustments as quickly as possible to minimize downtime.
• Provide quality control by inspecting workpieces as they come out of the equipment and removing any defective pieces.
• Operate machinery, including polishing and grinding equipment, to grind any metal workpieces to their prescribed specifications to ensure high-quality products.
• Finish products by hand using hand tools to ensure the surfaces are filed or finished accordingly.
• Keep all equipment running by inspecting and performing basic maintenance, including lubrication and cleaning, and scheduling repairs when needed.
• Perform basic repairs, including replacing parts when they are worn down or broken, within the
Expected knowledge and expertise:
• Work-piece datum and tooling offset appreciation
• Set up and measure tooling for lathe, grinder machine
• Program CNC machines
• Well organised, reliable and accurate with a high attention to detail
• Ability to work to instructions and quality standards
• Experience of working to deadlines
• Able to work flexible hours as demand requires
• Previous experience of large shaft machining or grinding
• Attention to detail and record keeping
• Ability to work within a team, with a positive attitude to meeting production targets
• Due to nature of work, security clearance required
• Flexible to business needs within a production environment
The 2 cylindrical grinders we have on site are:
1) HERKULES-SIEGEN, type P 30 –WSB –450 grinder that has been refurbished in 2016 with a Siemens control (14mtr bed)
2) GER CPA 6000 CNC grinder machine that uses a Fagor PLC control (6mtr bed)