Role: M&E Manager
Start Date: ASAP
My client is a leading construction company, who specialise in a number of sectors, ranging from Utilities to Defence, Education to Power, Transport to Science and Pharmaceuticals.
They have recently acquired a £74m project to build a bio-science lab at a prestigious university in the Cambridgeshire area, and as such are looking for an M&E manager to join their team – the M&E aspect will be around £20m in value.
You will need experience in Bioscience and will have managed a Tier 1 contractor. Preconstruction experience will be advantageous.
The M&E Manager being responsible for:
• Maintain your responsibility for your personal Health and Safety whilst at work
• Review the M&E tender to agree the bid strategy
• Provide in house training on M&E as requested
• Provide technical support during the tender and construction processes
• Attend presentation/ interviews as requested
• Inform the Company Communications Director of any incident that may attract attention from the press and ensure that Kier Group major incidence procedures is involved as necessary
• Record at least one SUSA discussion per month
• Ensure that a competitive advantage is maintained at tender and construction stages
• Attend meetings with Client, designers and other professionals and maintain good relationships to enhance value
• Be responsible for the technical compliance of M&E tenders throughout the tender bid process as allocated
• Report any areas of concern to the relevant person
• To be commercially aware of the costs and overall market place
• Review performance and utilisation of consultants and sub-contractors
• Assist with the selection of sub-contractors to tender from the supply chain
• Provide technical support in VE exercises
• Manage the allocation of M&E co-ordinators to sites
• Review submitted tenders for compliance as requested
• Provide cost advice to estimators/production staff
• Monitor the performance of co-ordinators utilising performance management techniques
• Assist in the planning of works
• Promote best practice throughout company
• Conduct site visits as required reviewing quality and progress and report to site management accordingly
• Maintain register of consultants, including fees, performance, etc.
• Attend the handover meeting and pass the M&E file to the construction teams and surveyors
• Review the performance of the M&E sub-contractors to assess their suitability to remain on the supply chain, in terms of programme, quality and safety
• Ensure resource is provided to interrogate the commissioning process and compliance of as built and maintenance manuals
• Assist the contracts manager with the resolution of defects as required
• On a quarterly basis provide a summary report to the pre-construction manager relating to the projects that you have supervised
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to organise, plan and manage workloads
• Be able to work on your own initiative
• Commercially aware
To be considered for the role please apply with an updated CV.