To make sure that the organisation and monitoring of equipment shipments and material manage, Inbound and Outbound, from packaging in the first instance to final destination, including, custom requirements, insurance and payment records.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Decide on transport providers that are in line with the company Sourcing Instructions, local agreements and pricing template, if in place. Taking into account the greatest method of transport for materials and the required date.
- Warrant order coverage for all transport charges. You must also Learn, Know and understand the payment terms and breakdown of prices for transportation. You must also understand how to action invoice approval in line with agreements and arrangements.
- Packaging and export documentation: Send packaging instructions and labels to the subcontractors and check the supplier has fulfilled the project requirements in terms of packing and marking. This involves liaising with other departments e.g. SQA.
- Issue all the export documents required for payment and Customs to ensure the proper administrative progression of shipments.
- supervise shipments and material movements from start to finish, ensuring appropriate development. Take corrective measures if necessary. Complete the shipment monitoring chart and inform the PM and the site managers.
Skills & experience required:
- At least 3 years’ experience in international logistics & transport.
- Experienced in generating export documentation such as Certificates of Origin and Commercial Invoices.
- Outstanding knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Previous experience using business software such as SAP is desirable.
- Previous Letter of Credit experience is desirable.
Should you be interested or think you are right for this job them please send over your up to date CV or feel free to give me a call.