Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for Lead Project Finance Controller
based in Stafford on a 5 months contract with an option to renew.
To manage the consolidated financial accounts of the allocated projects (own unit’s scope/ comprehensive project scope) and supporting the Project Director and other project functions as a finance partner.
Cash Flow and Revenue/Margin management & controlling:
- Accountable for all financial issues on the project after tender phase (from contract award date to project close-out/ Final Acceptance Certificate).
- Have at all times full knowledge of all financial movements with regards to revenue, margin and cash. Ensure that such information is consistent, approved and reconciled on a regular basis in the ERP systems.
- Ensure global view of consolidated the financials of project, understand each partner's financial movements.
- With the Project Director, define the billing plan (invoice and progress payments) at project start and the revenue recognition (trading) plan as per data provided by Cost Control, consolidate, validate and forecast trading and billing milestones to ensure consistent consolidated revenue recognition and cash.
- Invoice customer and create related invoice in the ERP system
- Timely support the issuance, reduction, recovery and cancellation of bonds and bank guarantees to be issued to the client.
- Ensure accurate foreign exchange coverage throughout the project life
- Check, control and monitor movements in Actual and Committed Costs, ask for corrections when necessary. Reassessment of Cost to complete is under Cost Control responsibility.
- Manage and forecast cash movements monthly. Track cash-in overdue status, give alert and ensure that follow-up action plan is taking place. Ensure communication with cash controller in term of factoring.
- Provide input on claim valuation. (Note: Claim identification responsibility lies with the Project Director role, and detail claiming writing with the legal or contract management teams).
Process management & people coordination
- Responsible for timely and correct booking (Margin as Sold, current as sold, current forecast, internal flow elimination) from order booking to project completion.
- Ensure that project data reporting is in line between the ERP and the approved Project reviews in Unifier according to budget deviation approved.
- Prepare and participate in cash sessions: identification of invoicing triggering events, invoice format, steps from invoice generation until payment, preparation of project cash instruction.
- Develop strong relationships and continuous communication flows with all project controllers in Project Participating units to ensure that working assumptions are shared, consistent and reported in a timely manner.
- Implement the controlling tools used within the reporting unit.
- Ensure that all financial processes & instructions and internal controls, including DoA, are implemented, robust and compliant.
- Prepare and attend the consolidated Project Reviews. Prepare the following documents for the consolidated Project Review, with significant input from Project Director: consolidated EAS sheets (via KEOPS), cash curve, trading and billing plans.
- Produce all financial project reporting as requested by the project functions or project related units.
- Ownership of timely invoicing with documentation and cash collection on the project.
- Accurate, timely production and consolidation of project financial statements, as well as reporting in the ERP system.
- Transparency and accuracy of project margin
- Coordinate and effectively manage all internal financial interfaces on the project such as participating units.
- Must have DBS or comfortable to do one.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / General Educational Development with proven years of experience in Finance) or equivalent knowledge & experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Good Team Work
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!