To lead a team of Network engineers on national and international projects.
Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Lead Network Engineer for a contract position based in Cambridge on a 6 month contract with the potential to extend to 2 years.
- Lead a team of up to 10 engineers whilst working on various national & international Oil & Gas projects. Take overall responsibility for the specification, design and implementation of Networks systems for customers projects ensuring that they are as per the project requirements and integrated with the clients products and Systems as required.
- Provide a technical solution for the client within budget and on time.
- Work closely with the Project Manager and the Project Engineering Manger to identify key resources during the project life cycle.
- Manage, plan and distribute tasks to team members. Train and mentor new team members in project procedures and standards ensuring that common solutions and practices are carried out across the project.
- Perform overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans and team member’s performance) and report regularly on the project status.
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications.
- Typically degree qualified and progressing towards Chartered Engineer status with up to 5 years’ experience in a similar role/function or HNC/HND qualified with 10 years relevant experience in a similar role.
- Must be able to travel within UK and overseas.
- Significant experience in the design, configuration, testing and commissioning of Network system applications preferably in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Cisco certified to CCNA/CCNP.
- Experience with the following Network systems is required (as a minimum):
- Excellent knowledge of all relevant Network industry performance standards and specifications as well as applicable package specific performance standards and specifications.
Please contact me for more information should this be suitable, alternatively, if you know someone who may be looking for a job like this, please feel free to pass this on.
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!