Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Lead Mechanical Engineer based in Cumbria on a 12 months contract with an option to renew.
- Lead Mechanical Engineer required as part of the Site based Design Support to client’s Construction Team, reporting to the Engineering Manager.
- Pragmatic approach to the Mechanical Engineering discipline, standardisation of design, consistency and quality in deliverables and support to Suppliers of the plant and equipment.
- To provide the focus, drive and rigour to the delivery team for key packages against the Project Programme and in line with prioritisation of packages or elements of work in accordance with Construction expectations.
- Responsible for the responses for all site technical queries, technical specifications, reports, supporting documentation and compilation of small packages for Temporary Works Design.
- Manage the work of small design team and co-ordinate liaison with other disciplines and stakeholders to ensure successful integration of design output. Also, responsible to produce Mechanical drawings and for the checking of work.
- Support and able to take a lead role across Engineering Function activities including quality grading and interface management between project, Engineering Plant Areas, Construction and Commissioning.
- (preferable) demonstrable experience in delivering mechanical design and Construction support in a similar role/environment, with recent relevant exposure to work in the nuclear industry;
- Demonstrable experience in the leadership and direction of others to deliver mechanical design and technical support.
- Managing and controlling the work of small team (3-4 people) under the direction of the Site based Engineering Manager.
- A self-starter with good communication, analytical and team working skills.
- Minimum degree qualified or demonstrable equivalent underpinning knowledge & understanding in site-based Construction support.
- Competent with CDM Regulations 2015
Please contact me for more information should this be suitable, alternatively, if you know someone who may be looking for a job like this, please feel free to pass this on.
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!