Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Layout Engineer based in Stafford on a 6 month contract.
Job specification: -
The Layout Engineer role covers all of the more standard, mainstream project layout engineering activities associated with supplying a turnkey AC Substation installation which include:
- Producing layout drawings
- Civil works guide drawings
- Installation drawings
- Earthing drawings
- Cable routing
- Reviewing supplier general arrangement mechanical drawings
- Specification / evaluation of connectors and conductors
- Layout design
- Prepare civil guide drawings
- Prepare support structure guide drawings
- Prepare earthing drawings
- Prepare cable routing drawings
- Prepare installation drawings
- Mechanical review of equipment
- General arrangement drawings from suppliers
- Mechanical specification, review, and evaluation of connectors and conductors
- Support technical evaluation of suppliers proposal and documentation
- Work within a Project Team and be accountable for their budget and delivery
- Preserve and update all relevant drawings and write internal technical notes and informal documentation
- The person will have proven experience in substation layout engineering (2-3 years)
- Understanding of structures and civil requirements will be advantageous.
- The applicant will have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and be a proficient user of Autodesk Revit and AutoCad.
- Knowledge of Navisworks would be advantageous.
- The applicant will work well within a team, demonstrating good communication skills and fluency in English.
Please contact me for more information should this be suitable, alternatively, if you know someone who may be looking for a job like this, please feel free to pass this on.
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!