Our client is a leading engineering firm with a solid footprint within the power transmission industry,
Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for Interim Planning Manager for a contract position based in Stone.
Our client are looking for an Interim Planning and Project Controls Manager to be based in their office in Stone to start asap
6 months duration expected, or Temp to Perm an interested candidates
Highly desirable is experience on Primavera Unifier as this will be the new software, and someone who has experience implementing change within a department
You will be providing strategic leadership and tactical deployment of the planning and project controls departments. This will include driving the planning and programming function to optimize schedule attainment and project delivery of a wide portfolio of projects GPQS whilst providing leadership and guidance to the planning team in all matters related to planning, scheduling, programme commercial robustness and resource management.
This role will include you having influence across all functions, where you will drive and embed a culture of programme ownership at project, team and individual level.
A key part of this role is providing comprehensive programme reporting regime, as well as providing a clear local product group programme of works including detailing tenders expected, tenders in flight and projects secured.
The main accountabilities of the role include:
• Ensure effective planning is carried out for all projects and tenders
• Ensure robust programme change control is exercised across all projects
• To be aware of and maintain an understanding of the contract documents, codes of practice, standards and specifications as they relate to programme
• Provide consistent and proactive programme generation, progress updates, analysis and reporting at delivery team project and business level addressing schedule progress, float management, key interfaces, On time delivery and resource demand
• Maintain Team, Project and Business wide key resource capacity and demand information to facilitate effective resource management at all levels
• Ensure effective programme support is provided for all tenders. Input and present tender programme philosophy and delivery strategy to clients and internal delivery teams
• Committed to anticipating and seeking out customer needs both internally and externally
• Develop an effective planning team able to meet flexible business demands with team members owning and driving the programme
• Ensure local planning/programme processes align with group directives
• Provide effective Sales & Operation Planning Reporting
Our client is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve performance while lowering environmental impact. They operate in around 100 countries employing over 145,000 people.
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• 10/15 years planning experience at a senior level across a portfolio of complex projects covering the full life cycle.
• HNC level (or equivalent) in an Engineering discipline – Electrical or Mechanical.
• Thorough knowledge of Primavera P6
• Computer literacy – Minimum Microsoft Office applications, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Demonstrable knowledge/experience of successful project delivery of complex projects with multiple interfaces
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
• Comfortable interacting with all levels of management
• Ability to analyse and simplify complex stakeholder data
• Self-starter and motivator
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
• Have worked on HV substations
• APMG Accreditation
• Electrical Engineering Degree or equivalent
• Working knowledge of National Grid, Scottish Power, Scottish & Southern Electric, Network Rail, UK
Please contact me for more information should this be suitable, alternatively, if you know someone who may be looking for a job like this, please feel free to pass this on.
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!