· To deliver a high quality primary design in line with the agreed delivery timescales and budget in line with the process. Primary design includes preparing layout and sections, preparing purchase specifications and reviewing suppliers offer, preparing loading data, reviewing and comment suppliers drawings, preparing compliance matrices, Design intend Document etc.
· Very good knowledge of layout and primary equipment’s for substations projects upto 400kV.
· Should be well conversant on AutoCAD
· Responsible for co-ordination with the client, civil, project management and other interfaces, this will be as agreed with own team leader.
· Monitoring of the engineering delivery progress as per the engineering programme of the project, escalating issues as and when required to the team leader.
· Responsible for ensuring design risk assessments/HAZID’s are in place for all design solutions and residual risks are passed on to the H&S file.
· To help and agree with the team leader for maintaining consistency in design.
· To support the team leader and work on the departmental improvement issues.
· Actively involved in standardisation of onshore primary design as agreed with own team leader
· Actively involve & promote Top+ business improvement programme within the team
· Takes ownership and accountability for area of responsibility. Makes a positive contribution to the team, department. Sets own goals and clarifies expectations with the team leader. Invests time to help and facilitate the work of others as and when required. Responds to the ideas, concerns and needs of the team. Demonstrates interest in professional development to maximize own potential.
· Maintaining consistency of design on each contract by adherence to processes and procedures.
· Works collaboratively with all engineering departments and project managers within clients ET.
· Commitment to Think Customer initiative including excellent call handling and voice mail skills.
· Continuous reviewing of engineering processes and procedures to improve and recommend changes.
The successful candidate should have the following experience; -
· Typically, five years of design experience within the HV substation business
· Good knowledge of design experience within the HV substation business
· Fully conversant with the latest T& D standards
· Fully conversant with Health and safety standards including CDM regulations applicable to the design of HV substation
· Should be well conversant in Auto CAD
For more information please contact me, should this be suitable, alternatively, if you know someone who may be looking for a job like this, please feel free to pass this on.
Looking forward to hearing from you.