Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a HSE Advisor on a Contract basis, based in Newcastle upon Tyne.
This is a fantastic long-term contract, working with a large engineering company.
• Reading, understanding and ensuring the project is delivered in accordance with the company EHS Framework.
• Maintaining the Construction phase plan so it always remains current within a document control system
• Maintaining the Construction Environmental Management Plan so that it remains current within a document control system
• Ensuring that all relevant site EHS processes and procedures are developed and implemented by the managing contractor
• Supporting the Environmental Manager in all aspects of environmental management, including maintaining the Project Environmental Management plan within a document control system
• On behalf of the company, developing required procedures, work instructions, audit protocols and other documentation required as part of the EHS assurance process, within a document control system
• Developing audit and other compliance schedules as part of the assurance process
• Completing audits in accordance with the schedule
• Tracking non-conformance reports ensuring timely closing and verification of effectiveness of corrective actions
• Providing KPIs and other information required for the monthly and other reports
• Attending management & other review meetings with the company and consortium members, the main contractors and RWE (the client)
• Participating in all incident investigations, ensure preventive measures are established based on root cause analysis
• Ensuring that a suitably robust Emergency Response Preparedness and Response Plan is established
• Scheduling regular site EHS walks and providing report on findings
• Developing expertise in relation to the clients EHS Requirements and Minimum EHS Standards
• Reviewing risk assessments and method statements for activities prior to submitting for formal review
• Supporting the HVDC team with onsite delivery
• Defining competence requirements for staff working on the project site
• Maintaining competence records for staff working on the project site
• Developing expertise of the Design Residual Risk Register process and supporting designers to complete the necessary documentation to the appropriate standard
• Ensuring the CDM Health & Safety File is populated by designers in a timely manner and to the appropriate standard
• Attending HAZIDs, HAZOPs and design reviews as required
• Supporting the major accident hazard review process, including participation in the Bow Tie assessment process.
- Degree/NEBOSH Diploma in EHS or equivalent
- Minimum IEMA environmental certificate or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years experience in similar projects in the UK
- CDM expert with experience gained on similar projects
- Lead EHS auditor qualification with recent audit experience
- Management system expertise including knowledge of ISO14001 and ISO45001
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!