Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Permanent Highways Planner to be based in Nottingham.
Job specification: -
An opportunity has arisen for a Planner to work out of our clients Head Office in Nottingham Nottinghamshire. You will work within a multidisciplinary Highways and Civil Engineering Design and Construction Teams who collectively have the responsibility to deliver an annual programme of work. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and updating resource programmes for site teams for allocated projects within the department using the management procedures. This will be through the use of design notes, short term programmes, WPR sheets and site visits.
What you'll be doing day to day
- Creation of programmes to NEC3/NEC4 and JCT contract requirements.
- Programme planning and management of ‘tender’ bids and ‘live’ projects.
- Receive and understand all project data to integrate into the programme construction activities.
- Accurate and timely planning, including progress reporting, critical path analysis and live project monitoring
- Developing supplementary supporting ‘quality submission’ information to tenders, including methodology, traffic management, resource allocations etc.
- Site team scheduling (short term programmes)
- Track and identify changes to the accepted programme to NEC3/NEC4 and JCT contract principles and show impact to stakeholders
- Maintain ‘internal’ MSR (management status report) for ‘live projects’
- Site team meetings/site visits if and when required
- Development and creation of internal and external reports
- Liaising with managers and engineers to discuss project and address issues
- Liaise with external contractors and suppliers to organise the phases of the construction development
- Creation of as-built programmes
- Personal development
- To be pro-active and forward looking to support our client and stakeholders in strategic management decisions.
The experience our client are looking for in a candidate
- Industry recognisable qualification
- Excellent IT skills and relevant knowledge of Planning software including, Asta Powerproject, Primavera, MS Project
- Strong Problem solving
- Strong communication including writing reports and presenting
- Understanding engineering principles
The personal attributes our client are looking for in a candidate
- Desire to understand and promote the Company purpose, vision, values and culture
- Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required
- Organised, structured and professional, with a passion for excellence
- Flexibility, resilience and the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
- Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service
- Experience in a fast paced, national and multi-site business
- Self-starter who has the ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
What our client can offer you
Company car / Car Allowance
25 days holiday + bank holidays
Holiday trading scheme
Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
Free eye test vouchers
Employee share scheme
3x life assurance
5% enhanced pension contribution
Please contact me for more information should this be suitable, alternatively, if you know someone who may be looking for a job like this, please feel free to pass this on.
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!