This Thames Tideway Tunnels project requires a Chartered Professional to be resident on the contract.
To assist the project team in delivering a project which meets the client’s objectives of Triple Zero.
To facilitate compliance with legislative, corporate and other requirements in relation tohealth and safety.
To assist in the co-ordination of all activities related to the implementation, development and maintenance of the Safety Management Systems (SMS).
- To ensure that the requirements of the SMS are being applied on the TTT Project and supporting administrative offices, by means of periodic inspection, audits and meetings.
- Monitoring and facilitating compliance to the IMS and the requirements of BS OHSAS 18001:2007
- To provide information, training and instruction and task-specific advice to operational and managerial personnel.
- Training and induction of project staff into the documented safety management systems.
- Raising health & safety awareness and responsibility throughoutthe TTT Project.
- Co-ordinate and complete internal health & safety planning meetings, inspections and audits of the TTT Project
- Contribute to the review and revision of health & safety policies, plans, documented procedures and forms.
- Facilitate the production of health & safety performance information, including but not restricted to TTT Triple Zero health& safety objectives.
- To assist with accident / investigation and implementation, supporting project investigation to ensure timely investigation and implementation of effective improvement / preventive measures.
- To provide assistance to Business Development for health & safety aspects of pre-qualification questionnaires and tenders.
- Promote innovation and continuous improvement.
- Support the Senior Manager of HSEQ in achieving corporate, legislative and other requirements.
To assist the team in achieving the Clients mission statement to deliver the project in the healthiest and safest way for people and the environment through the implementation of Triple Zero.
Triple Zero seeks to achieve Zero Accidents, Zero Harm and Zero Compromise.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS /EXPERIENCE
- Relevant health & safety experience in construction, ideally Civiland Water Industry construction/maintenance.
- NEBOSH Construction General Certificate
- Post Graduate Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent level 6
- Chartered Status of IOSH
- A qualified internal health & safety auditor with demonstrable experience of completing internal audits. Lead Auditor status beneficial but not essential.
- An understanding of the requirements of BS OHSAS 18001:2007 and experience in facilitating registration surveillance visits.
- A working knowledge of current and impending health & safety legislation
- Good presentation, written, analytical and IT skills.
- Training and presentation experience throughout all levels of an organisation.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to guide and educate/train at all levels
- Self-confidence to build strong working relationships internally and externally.
- Demonstrable achievement in a similar role