Role: Health and Safety Advisor
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
Business Unit: Construction
Start Date: ASAP
Working with the line management within the Business Unit to improve standards of health and safety and act as a catalyst for cultural change throughout all levels of the organisation.
• Provide a source of competent advice on health and safety matters;
• Provide assistance if required with specialist health and safety assessments i.e. noise assessments;
• Undertake inspections of company contracts, site, offices and depots;
• Provide briefing and coaching on implementation of company management systems;
• Provide both formal and informal health and safety training to all levels of the organisation/workforce;
• Participate in accident and incident investigations;
• Other duties as required to promote and improve the health and safety standards and performance of the organisation;
• Liaise with client / customer safety representatives;
• To be aware of business continuity processes via Line Manager.
Knowledge skills & experience:
• Minimum NEBOSH Diploma;
• Environmental training/qualification (desirable).
A full training programme is available to reach these standards.
• Enthusiastic in promoting first class health and safety standards;
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team;
• Ability to work independently and autonomously;
• Ability to communicate and influence effectively with a range of people;
• Experience of delivering health and safety related training;
• Experience of accident and incident investigations.
All above attributes are ESSENTIAL unless otherwise stated.
• Nature of role necessitates travelling throughout a large geographical area
To be considered for the role please apply with an updated CV.