This is a site based position with overall responsibility for maintaining quality standards of the project works.
Manage in the health and safety, quality, environmental and commercial viability of methods of construction, along with the associated administrative requirements. You will be responsible for the organisation of labour, plant, transport and equipment on site ensuring that operations are carried out in a safe manner. You will preferably come from a trade’s background and have experience based knowledge with some formal training.
This role will also have a primary function to act as a Liaison Officer to manage the relationship between stakeholders.
Therefore the ideal candidate will have performed this function alongside traditional General Foreman responsibilities.
This role is is working on a key infrastructure project covering the South West.
• Manage and coordinate the onsite construction works;
• Liaise with Occupants of Shopping centre and record complaints;
• Effectively deal with complaints, and operational issues;
• Ensure the company position is guarded with regard to potential spurious insurance claims;
• Ensure that construction personnel on site co-operate with managers and others;
• Overview, direct and arrange any necessary ordering, receipt, storage and issuing of materials and equipment as directed by the Site Manager;
• Maintain records of daily site activities;
• Carry out effective Toolbox Talks, Daily Task Briefings and Point of Work Risk Assessments to ensure teams are aware of the work requirements and associated risks;
• Monitor the allocation of labour to ensure that the tasks they carry out are within their level of skill and experience;
• Ensure that labour handle materials and items so as to prevent damage, deterioration or loss and that they utilise the correct tools and equipment at all times;
• Undertake any key Health, Safety, & Environmental duties as appointed by the Project/ Site Manager;
• Maintaining strict quality control procedures;
• Conducting regular site Health, Safety, & Environmental checks;
• Ensuring the project runs to program and to budget;
• Being proactive in the identification and resolution of problems;
• Comply with the company’s Business Management System;
• Weekly review of progress against Target Programme;
• Ensure that short term programmes prepared and agreed with supply chain;
• Review drawings and specifications; measure and schedule material requirements;
• Other duties relevant to the role and successful delivery of the project;
• To be aware of business continuity processes via Line Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• CITB level 3 Safety Course;
• CSCS Card – Appropriate level;
• IT skills;
• Comprehensive experience as a General Foreman;
• Exemplary customer service skills with ability to build strong relationships between all stakeholders in a construction project;
• Ability to plan and organise resources in order to meet tight deadlines;
• Good leadership and management skills;
• Technical knowledge and experience;
• Good interpersonal skills;
• Experienced in refurbishment and new build projects;
• Experienced in Education and Health sector
Please Note: There will be a requirement for unsocial/out of hours work to suit the site program.
To be considered for the role please apply with an updated CV.