Rubicon consulting is currently recruiting for a Fitter / Wireman – Substation for a permanent position based in the central belt of Scotland.
The Company is looking for candidates to carry out the role of Substation Fitters and Wiremen, carrying out High Voltage Substation refurbishment and Construction work within our Scottish team. Work requirements will vary from small work programmes involving small teams, through to major construction / refurbishment projects.
The position is at various construction sites throughout Scotland – predominately Central Belt.
· Installation of Control / Protection panels
· Carrying out wiring modifications in relay panels, marshalling kiosks, switchgear and associated apparatus.
· Installing high voltage switchgear and connections
· Installation, glanding and termination of multicore, multipair and fibre optic cables and associated cable management ( tray, ladder, trunking etc )
· Installation of above and below ground earthing systems
The ideal candidate -
Should be able to demonstrate the following:
· A good understanding of carrying out Substation Installation / Construction works for a DNO client.
· Be able to work proactively within a team environment.
· Experience of undertaking work in high voltage substations
Primary Equipment & Connections
Protection / Control system installation / wiring
· Minimum 3 years experience is a similar role.
· Hold appropriate level of DNO authorisation.
· Completion of Recognised Training Scheme.
· Current Safety Passport.
· Demonstrable commitment to maintaining a safe working environment.
· Desirable – Plant Operator certificate – eg IPAF, 18th Edition
The company provides the following:
25 days holiday + 8 statutory.
Health Care Scheme.
Training and Opportunity for progression.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £27,500.00 to £33,500.00 /year
Please contact me for more information should this be suitable, alternatively, if you know someone who may be looking for a job like this, please feel free to pass this on.
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!