Skills: Financial Analyst
The R&D Analyst is the Finance reference point for the Stafford Site R&D Operation team to provide reliable data on all R&D projects. Ensuring processes are in place, there is consistency reporting of R&D to Stafford Site, HVDC Operation, WEA region, Product Lines and Central R&D team.
The R&D Analyst is in charge of standardising the R&D reporting for the Stafford Site and work with all the Units in Stafford to ensure that they comply with the GE policies on R&D.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
• Control R&D spend by projects and by nature
• Ensure consistent reporting of R&D costs in Stafford Site
• Reconcile R&D project spend to spend by nature
• Provide R&D spend information to Site Management and Product Lines,
• Ensure that R&D projects are closed on a timely basis in SAP
• Invoicing of R&D costs to GE Technology
• Work with UK tax team to ensure that R&D tax credits are fully claimed
• Be involved in the audit of externally funded R&D projects
• Ensure compliance with GE Policies on R&D
• Actively participate in the R&D OP process to make sure that is done in line with instruction and on time
Qualifications & Skills:
Educated to a degree level or equivalent.
Part Qualified for a professional finance qualification.
• 3 years’ experience minimum in financial analyst position,
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate in a clear/concise manner
• Works well under pressure and achieves deadlines
• Confidence/Assertiveness: strong influencing skills across various business functions
• Highly motivated