The Finance Project Controller reports hierarchically to Finance Project Control Manager. S/he manages the assigned portfolio of projects focusing on actuals, cash in, billing, project margins, s/he is the financial advisor to the Project Manager and support Project Controller.
S/he is the point of contact for all project related financials with Product Line and Lead Team .
Main duties and responsibilities include:
• Provide timely and accurate Financials and liaise with FP&A, Internal and External auditors
• Manage assigned portfolio acting as a PM/PD Business Partner (revenues, margins, cash, R&Os)
• Connect with Controllership being guardian of the rule
Role & Responsibility’s :
Project Finance Controller has an overall responsibility for Project Financials (reporting, controlling, coordinating) after tender phase; focusing transparency/accuracy of project margin and cash.
• Have full knowledge of financial movements as regards revenue, margin and cash. Ensure that such information is consistent, approved and reconciled in the ERP systems. Consolidate, validate and forecast these Financials.
• Prepare Project Financial summary (EAS, cash curve, trading and billing plans) for consolidated Project Review, with significant input from Project Manager. Consolidate project Financials and understand each partner's financial movements. Support the PM/PD who presents the financial section during project reviews.
• Build trading and billing plans.
• Ensure accurate foreign exchange coverage through the project life
• Check, control and monitor movements in actuals and committed costs : identify and communicate overruns, support root cause analysis, interface with PM/PD and relevant teams. Ensure that Costs at Completion are aligned with project assumptions.
• Provide input on risks, opportunities, and claims valuation.
• Connect and coordinate with financial interfaces : Finance Partners, Controllership, FP&A, CAS, external auditors
Qualifications & Skills:
• Degree or equivalent professional accounting qualification
• Good knowledge of SAP is essential
• Good excel skill and powerpoint is essential
• An understanding of hedging principals
• Good analytical skill is essential
• Experience in Finance Project Control Role
• Financial Project Controlling experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate in a clear/concise manner
• Works well under pressure and achieves deadlines
• Confidence/Assertiveness: strong influencing skills across various business functions
Please contact me on 0121 667 8638/ 07739 756 478 for more information should this be suitable, alternatively, if you know someone who may be looking for a job like this, please feel free to pass this on.
Rubicon Consulting has grown to become a leading recruitment company working in niche vertical markets and has a reputation for supplying specialist talent that is second to none.