Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Fibre Splicer working on a project in Southampton
Our client is working on the Virgin Media Framework.
- Strong Virgin Experience on DAU and FTTH
- Carrying out risk assessments prior to work
- Installing, splicing, and working on some fibre distribution points either above/underground or mounted on telegraph poles.
- Interpreting job packs and fibre allocation tables
- Installing splice splitters in broadband cabinets using automatic fusion splicer
- Photographing completed fibre distribution points both inside the closure and externally, showing position on the chamber or pole
- Working safely using gate guards and signage as appropriate
- Carrying out acceptance testing using OTDR, light source and power meter
- Replace the fibre without disrupting surrounding area.
- Test and splice the existing fibre.
- Work on fibre joints and resplice them.
- Knowledge/understanding of the attenuation in fibre.
- Proven track record of fibre splicing DAU’s, FTTH and some Poling experience
- Knowledge and experience of working to Virgin Media’s standards.
- Experience working on live network
- NSRWA Unit 2 signage, guarding and lighting, CSCS and First aid.
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!