Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Fibre Splicer working on a project in Derbyshire both contract and permanent positions available.
Our client is working on the delivery of full fibre to approximately 110,000 premises in Derby. You will be responsible for splicing and testing new network to specific customer specifications. This will include external working.
- Reporting to the Fibre Manager within this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Carrying out risk assessments prior to work
- Installing, splicing, and securing fibre distribution points either above/underground or mounted on telegraph poles
- Interpreting job packs and fibre allocation tables
- Installing splice splitters in broadband cabinets using automatic fusion splicer
- Photographing completed fibre distribution points both inside the closure and externally, showing position on the chamber or pole
- Working safely using gate guards and signage as appropriate
- Carrying out acceptance testing using OTDR, light source and power meter
- Maintaining regular communications with internal and external customers and representing the company in a positive and professional manner
- Complete all necessary paperwork to provide records of work carried out / equipment used
- Complying with proper safety standards/procedures and working practices according to company and UK laws
Experience and Qualifications:
- Full UK driving licence
- Proven track record of fibre optic splicing
- Conversant with principles and standards for Passive Optical Networks
- Knowledge and experience of working to BT Openreach standards and processes for underground safety, working at height and within confined spaces
- NSRWA Unit 2 signage, guarding and lighting
- Strong written and numerical skills
- First Aid & Abrasive Wheels & Manual Handling (this can be arranged upon employment)
- PIA Accreditation. SA002 (this can be arranged upon employment
- Risk assessment and hazard identification and a strong focus on Health and Safety practices
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!