Our client is a leading telecoms firm with a solid footprint within the Fibre industry,
As the Fibre Supervisor - Civils you will be part of the Delivery team who are responsible for end to end delivery of fibre installations through the town. Supervisors and will all need to provide evidence of their good safety practices.
As the Fibre Supervisor - Civils your duties & responsibilities will be:
- Support the day-to-day operations, providing operational support and quality audits
- Briefing operatives on Method Statements, Risk Assessments and daily tasks
- Work with Planning team to plan works
- Manage plant and resource as required
- Meeting with client representatives to build a solid working relationship and agree timescales for projects
- Supporting Project Managers to ensure swift technical problem resolution in the field
- Providing support and guidance to operatives; ensuring quality or work, procedures and methods of working are understood and adhered to
- Attend site meetings with customer, councils etc. as required
Skills and Experience:
- Experienced in Utility Civil Works / Highways works.
- Experienced in Fibre Cable installation / splicing / Testing.
- Competent in using Microsoft Office products – word, excel etc.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to produce reports / daily diaries, Recording measures of works installed
- Able to conduct H&S / Quality audits, managing HSEQ on site
- Hold a minimum of NRSWA Supervisors – Excavation, reinstatement, SLG – at least 12 months validity remaining, SSSTS (or SMSTS), Manual Handling and First Aid at Work certifications
- Problem solver, able to suggest design changes.
- Able to manage Fibre Pulling and civils labour sub-contract resources.
- SSSTS or SMSTS
- NRSWA accreditation to supervisor
- An understanding of permit to work Schemes and FPN’s
- Ability to understand client’s quality requirements
- Minimum of 2-years relevant experience at Fibre middle management level in the Telecoms industry