Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a FATs Configuration & Testing (C&T) based in Newcastle on a 6 month contract.
The successful candidate will be Responsible for SCADA system configuration and testing, Responsible for ensuring validation of SCADA System solutions. Delivering departmental work packages on time and to budget.
- Responsible for production of project specific control system configurations - not limited to SCADA / HMI, RTUs and communication systems, and completed in accordance with requirements set out within Functional Design Specifications.
- Responsible for the configuration / development and testing of all functions of the SCADA system; e.g. data exchanges with third party interfaces / control centres, reporting, archiving, etc.
- Responsible for the lifecycle testing of the control system; including pre-FAT testing, FAT testing in the presence of the customer, testing and commissioning of the control system, SAT / handover testing.
- Production of test documentation for each stage of testing.
- Co-ordinating any technical or configuration issues with the in-house Technology group.
- Day to day liaison with the SCADA Lead Design Engineers and other engineering disciplines as required.
- Working to project schedules / specific milestones under the direction of the SCADA Lead Design Engineers.
- Highlighting any risks or issues applicable to ongoing activities.
- To actively input to and promote T2W and Top+ business improvement programme within the Engineering Department.
- Liaise with Project/Protection Engineers to ensure full scope of work is covered.
- Continuous Adherence to and reviewing of engineering processes and procedures and recommend changes as required.
- Abide by all business compliance requirements in line with Company policies, for example Business Conduct Guidelines & Confidential information.
- Typically 5 years experience in a similar role involving the configuration and testing of medium to large scale SCADA systems and communication infrastructures.
- Strong field testing and troubleshooting skills.
- Sound understanding of electrical & communication system designs.
- Working knowledge of relational database systems. Preferably with design / administration skills in SQL Server and / or Oracle.
- Working knowledge of open communication protocols; OPC, Modbus, DNP, etc.
- Fully conversant with the latest standards & technologies.
- An ability to work and communicate effectively in a project team environment.
- Knowledge of Power Systems preferable. Ideally with a working knowledge of IEC61850, IEC60870-5-101 / 104 protocols.
Please contact me for more information should this be suitable, alternatively, if you know someone who may be looking for a job like this, please feel free to pass this on.
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!