Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Equipment Quality Lead based in Stafford on a 3 month contract.
The Equipment Quality Lead (EQL) is responsible to assure that all the equipment of the project are matching the required quality expectations. In close relationship with the project quality manager and the project procurement leader.
General project procedure
• She/he establishes, maintains and monitors the general Inspection and Test Plan describing the rules implemented on the project for manufacturing control / expediting, Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT), notifications & report forms and authorization to ship.
• She/he establishes, maintains and verifies the implementation of the Inspections and Tests Plans for the project equipment, ensuring that the contractual, legal and internal requirements are met.
• She/he manages, coordinates and reports on the inspections and tests activities and on the related interfaces, maintaining the Project Procurement Leader, the Project Quality Manager and the project team liaison and communication on any related issues
• She/he gets customer approval on this general ITP
Suppliers and products inputs
• Liaise with the sourcing and quality functions to gather supplier assessments before selection, ROE of previous FAT with same suppliers and existing performance evaluations
• Liaise with the Logistic department to know about packing lists and appropriate packaging and transport precautions for sensitive equipment
• Collect purchase orders, supply specifications, applicable standards and drawings
Manufacturing and FAT planning
• Liaise with the procurement and the controls function to collect and update, when necessary, time schedule information related to ITP
• Act as single point of contact for the Customer for all inspection and test calls
• Liaise with internal partners and external suppliers to plan and deploy the manufacturing and FAT activities
• Get the quality control plans during manufacturing, the quality control procedure for FAT
• Check or make it checked by Engineering function that proposed detail QCP by suppliers are in line with contractual requirements and with applicable standards
• Inform Engineering function of planned needs and ask for engineering presence during FAT when needed
• Participate when required to FAT or appoint an inspector in charge
• Send to the Customer the Factory Acceptance Test procedures along with the relevant applicable documents and time schedules
• Notify the Customer and/or to his appointed representative and accompany him when he witnesses the FAT as per the provisions of the general ITP plan
• Witnesses the tests carried out under the responsibility of the supplier, checking the conformity with the applicable documents and with the requirements of the order
• Check or make it checked by Engineering function that FAT results are in line with contractual requirements and with applicable standards
Authorization to ship
• Get the authorization to ship from the Customer, when contractual
• Define the status of the FAT results and sign the FAT reports
• Release the supply for shipping (When not of Customer responsibilities and when all reserves have been solved)
• Collect, update and control that supplier documentation is complete and is in line with the contractual requirements
• Check the appropriateness of the content of the main Quality records linked to supply, including availability of OMM documentation
• Ensure that Quality records (evidences of conformity) of internal and external suppliers are identified, collected and available for use
• Graduated from a recognized university or in a field linked to Project activity (engineering, manufacturing, procurement or project management)
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
• Demonstrated ability to influence others.
• Fluent in English
• Abilities in Management, leadership, communication and organizational skills
• Knowledge in turnkey projects development and interfaces
• Experience in development and implementation of Inspection and Test Plans related to HV turnkey projects
• Strong compliance focus & personal integrity
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!