Our client is renowned for the transformation and co-creating the future of energy with customers, providing safe, efficient, reliable, and affordable power to drive economic growth and raise living standards around the world.
Role Summary: -
We are currently recruiting for an Electronic Design Engineer for a global client for a contract position based in West Midlands. The successful candidate should have strong all-round knowledge and understanding of electronic components, circuit design and principles.
Skills and Experience:
• Strong all-round knowledge and understanding of electronic components, circuit design and principles.
• High power Analogue electronic circuit design
• High-speed digital design and PCB layout skills
• Strong control electronics/PCB debugging skills
• Design for excellence (DFX) (e.g. manufacturing, cost, size, weight, efficiency, performance, test, maintenance)
• Specification & report writing and reviewing
• Design, routine test, type test and verification specification
• Ability to interact with other engineering disciplines and good at sharing knowledge
• Good communication skills, fluent in English.
• EHS compliance ability
• Knowledge/understanding of high-power and high-voltage control and protection circuit requirements.
• Power electronic components (IGBTs, thyristors, passive components)
• Experience with Altera and Microsemi (Actel) FPGA devices and design tools (Quartus, Libero etc)
• FPGA Firmware (Verilog) programming, debugging and verification skills
• High Voltage engineering
• Proven ability in product design, validation and industrialisation
• Prior experience in a manufacturing environment
• Prior experience of supplier chain integration (e.g. technical communication, clause-by-clause review, production line audit)
• Strong interpersonal, and communication skills
• Self-motivating, proactive and results driven approach
• Strong problem-solving and root cause identification skills
• Able to work to deadlines with high quality
• Ability to synthetize complex issues and come up with solutions
• Proficient in the English language, written and verbal. Other languages are bonus.
Please contact me 0121 667 8638/ 0786 092 1198 for more information should this be suitable, alternatively, if you know someone who may be looking for a job like this, please feel free to pass this on.
Rubicon Consulting has grown to become a leading recruitment company working in niche vertical markets and has a reputation for supplying specialist talent that is second to none.