Role Summary: - The Electronic Component Engineer will be accountable for all component engineering activities including database support within the SAS department.
Length: 10 months
The successful candidate should have the following experience and qualifications; -
- Degree level qualification required
- Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Strong communication skills and fluency in English is essential
Main responsibilities: -
- Managing and maintaining the company’s internal component database, including any improvements
- Supplying approved component information to sourcing and R&D, managing access and ensuring other engineers input data accurately
- Expert use of IHS database, supplying End Of Life (EOL) studies on current production on a quarterly basis from this tool
- Supporting 8D ‘red alert’ production issue meetings on component related issues
- Supporting the transfer of the database to PLM imagine
- Supporting the RoHS, REACH and conflict minerals programs
- Use of Microsoft Access Database to analyse the data
- Must have experience with a REACH/RoHS compliance analytical program such as PTC Windchill Product
- Completing or managing (where necessary) PCB datapack updates
- Supporting other team members of POST and R&D with component information including Fault analysis
- Supplying new component numbers and reports when requested to R&D, POST and other departments
Please contact me on 0121 667 8638/ 07739 756 478 for more information should this be suitable, alternatively, if you know someone who may be looking for a job like this, please feel free to pass this on.
Rubicon Consulting has grown to become a leading recruitment company working in niche vertical markets and has a reputation for supplying specialist talent that is second to none.