We are looking for an Electrical Project Engineer/ HV Engineer to work on an initial 12 months contract in Manchester.
Responsible for providing primary technical input to allocated design projects within the employee's business area.
Overseeing work package for substation build.
POSITION IN ORGANISATION:
Reports to the Principal Engineer - Primary
SCOPE OF JOB:
- Responsible for primary conceptual design on transmission substations.
- Responsible for the design of substation layouts and cross sections.
- Calculates loading and short circuit values of primary plant.
- Liaises with the Civils department to ensure full scope of work is covered.
- Ensures consistency by chairing design reviews and adhering to design specifications.
- Accountable for approving primary engineering design on own projects as well as other team members.
- Ensuring consistency with the Engineering Department's procedures.
- Attends appropriate technical meetings with the client either site or office based to ensure visual client satisfaction.
- Commitment to Think Customer initiative including excellent call handling and voice mail skills.
- Abide by all business compliance requirements in line with Company policies, for example Business Conduct Guidelines & Confidential Information.
DIMENSIONS & LIMITS OF AUTHORITY:
Has the technical authority to approve designs and recommend changes, in accordance with the internal signature protocol
HNC / Degree Qualified in Electrical Engineering
- Typically six years design experience within the Electricity Transmission and Distribution industry.
- Fully conversant with the latest Transmission and Distribution standards & technologies.
- Good standard of IT literacy - especially Word and Excel
- Good written communication and interpersonal skills
LOCATION: Manchester, travelling twice a month to Glasgow
SKILLS: Cabling, Onshore Substations, design interface, HV experience, Primary Equipment.
To be considered for the role please apply with an updated CV.