Electrical Estimator required with Electrical & Instrumentation experience to ensure commercial & contractual control and co-ordination of the efforts of all parties involved in the execution of a specified project or range of projects and to provide guidance to other members of the Commercial/quantity surveying team and Project Directors/Managers on all aspects relating to commercial activity working directly with our client.
Position to start immediately and to work on different projects around Europe.
Required availability to work abroad.
Overall Objectives: To provide accurate estimates on time and in a professional manner.
1) Maximise utility of computer.
2) Ensure all data / norms are accurate and revised regularly.
3) Introduce systems / methods to keep errors to a minimum.
4) Produce estimates in sufficient detail and order so as to allow others to follow easily.
Basic Functions: To provide accurate and timely estimates.
Responsible to: Engineering Proposals Manager
Details of position:
1) Receives specifications from the Engineering Proposals Manager.
2) He takes off special items of materials and sends these for quotation.
3) He builds up a detailed estimate based on these.
4) He prepares accurate take-offs of quantities.
5) He ensures that the details on the Bill of Quantity and the estimate are sufficiently detailed to avoid any ambiguity.
6) He submits all estimates so that prices / rates may be applied for all materials, labour and overhead.
7) He checks the priced estimate for pricing errors.
8) He extends the prices by the quantities.
9) He calculates a full range of percentage mark-ups on cost for submission to the negotiators.
10) He submits the completed estimate to the Engineering Proposals Manager