Reporting directly to the Estimating Manager, the overall purpose of the role is to prepare detailed bid and tender submissions of a high value (£0.2m - £10m).
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the complete project pricing and tender preparation for turnkey (design, procure, install and commission) construction of new and refurbishment of existing electricity substations and overhead lines.
- The post holder will work closely with our Overhead Lines and Substation Project Managers to agree required project manpower resource and with our Procurement Manager in respect of prices for required materials
EESSENTIAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
It is essential that the jobholder is a commercially focused self-starter with the enthusiasm, motivation and initiative to succeed in this role.
The jobholder must also possess:
- 3 years minimum experience in an Estimator role along with HV electrical experience.
- Demonstrable practical experience of using MS Excel to price projects.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills combined with the analytical and problem solving skills to reach realistic workable solutions and be able to work to deadlines.
- Strong understanding of commercial terms and conditions and the impact they would have upon project delivery. Demonstrable experience in negotiation of terms and conditions.