Site Based Electrical Supervisor / Commissioning Engineer
- Site Based Electrical Installation Supervisor / commissioning engineer will lead electrical staff, report to the site manager and work alongside other trades in the Utilities Industry.
- You will be responsible for the day to planning, organising, supervision and control of electrical installation and testing works on electrical equipment.
- Your commissioning input will be required at various stages throughout project delivery primarily involving input on site, and will be responsible for managing commissioning activities.
- Preparation and review of Commissioning Plans, Programmes, Training Plans, Method Statements and Risk Assessments.
- Attending commissioning meetings and liaising with the clients commissioning engineers, scientists, project teams and operations staff.
- Communicating plans, programmes and safe systems of work with project stakeholders and ensuring their understanding and compliance.
- Managing commissioning activities and staff on site including complying with and enforcing permit to work systems.
- The commissioning, interfacing and setting to work of equipment including: Motor Control Centres, Pumping Plant, Process Equipment, Standby Generation Equipment, Instrumentation and Communication Networks.
- Completion of commissioning records and as-built information to ensure all settings and relevant information for inclusion in the Operation and Maintenance Manual.
Candidates are expected to have a strong commitment to health & safety ensuring that tasks are planned and executed safely and efficiently.
- Installation Experience within the water and power sectors
- Proven record for site supervision.
- Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
- JIB Electrician
- 17th Edition Wiring Regulations
- Electrical Trade Skills demonstrated by NVQ/Apprenticeship
- C&G 2391 Inspection & Testing of Electrical Installations
- Previous experience of commissioning of large water and/or waste water treatment plants and pumping stations.
- Proficient with Process Instrumentation Set-up & Troubleshooting.
- Proficient with PLC control systems
- Proficient pumping and process systems
- Proficient with conventional relay logic control panels
- ECS/CSCS Card
- Full UK Driving License
- Computer Literate
- Water Hygiene Card
- Slinger/Banksman Signaller
- C&G Medium Risk Confined Space
- Mobile Tower Erection (e.g. PASMA)
- Mobile Elevated Working Platforms (e.g. IPAF)
- CCNSG Safety passport
- First Aid at Work
I’m free for a call on 0121 667 8637 or email me on email@example.com
Rubicon Consulting is fast becoming one of the leading providers
of highly skilled contract and permanent Engineering specialists in the UK.
We have one of the highest profile Engineering recruitment brands across all market sectors combined with the experience and reach that comes with over 70 years in technical recruitment.
Our combination of industry knowledge and technical expertise means we provide the best possible results every time!
- Design Engineers/managers
- Electrical/Mechanical Engineers
- Quantity Surveyors /Project and Managing QS's
- Bid/Tenders/proposals Engineers /managers
- Commission Engineers/managers
- Senior Authorised Person's/Managers
- Site Engineers/managers
- Health & Safety
- Project Controls/Planning
In the following sectors;
- Power Generation
- Oil & Gas
- Energy & Utilities
- Health & Safety
- Information Technology
- Management & Executive
Referral Scheme - Know someone who fits this job?
Refer them to us and you could land yourself £200 in the process