Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Design Team Lead based in Plymouth on a Permanent basis. The successful candidate will Report to the Regional Design Manager, the Design Team Lead will be responsible for the production and management of Design Deliverables on combined Process / Mechanical / Electrical schemes, predominately in the water industry and providing an overall design package to the Project Manager.
- Ascertaining Clients requirements either through reference to their specification documents or more likely through visiting sites with their nominated personnel. A key requirement is the ability to determine the actual operational requirement and propose appropriate solutions.
- Working alongside the Design Manager and where applicable the Project Manager to ensure scheme designs are value engineered and adhere to client specifications whilst retaining appropriate levels of operational security and full compliance with all relevant Health, Safety and Environmental legislation.
- To provide outline and detailed engineering from inception to completion of schemes utilising our design partners, individual knowledge, site installation and construction personnel.
- To lead and promote innovation, challenging our clients, design partners and the supply chain to ensure cost effectiveness in both our design solutions and design activities
- To manage, mentor and develop the Design Engineers in conjunction with the Regional Design Manager, who has responsibility to closely coordinate design production between the clients in house design teams, external design companies, our supply chain and where applicable our client designers.
- To prepare design budgets and programmes for all design activities
- To ensure all design work is completed to agreed programmes, financial budgets and KPI’s.
- To prepare and review detailed calculations to prove proposed design where applicable
- Liaison with client’s engineering staff or where applicable their design consultants to ensure designs are approved In accordance with the timescales stipulated within the contract.
- Attend internal and external design reviews and where applicable progress meetings
- Water and wastewater processes
- BIM / PAS 1192
- Water companies and their ways of working
- Experience with AMTECH
- Generation of control philosophies, URS and FDS documents (where applicable) to client briefs and specifications
- Use of proprietary software to generate lighting design
- Selection and appraisal of suppliers and their design submissions
- Preparation of documentation in accordance with the CDM regulations
- Co-ordination of design at all stages
- Possess an industry applicable ONC/HNC/B.Eng or NVQ equivalent
- Chartered or pursuing chartership with 5+ years’ experience within the water industry
- Possess a working knowledge of Microsoft packages (experience with AutoCAD software would be an advantage)
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!