Our Client is looking to recruit an experienced Design / Tendering Engineer - Substations, for a permanent position based in Worcestershire.
- Design & Tender the electrical aspects of 11kv - 33kv substations and connections.
- Production of the design & accurate quotes, tenders and estimates for high voltage projects.
- Co-ordinating with clients to carry out electrical designs.
- Ensure all work is carried out in line with regulations and legislation.
- Attend meetings with clients.
- Substation layouts.
- Cable systems.
- Protection scheme designs.
- Earthing designs.
- Liaise with the Civil and Structural design teams to optimise the best possible designs.
- Liaise with/visit DNO's, clients, landowners, where necessary.
- The role is predominantly an office based role.
- Site visits required up to once a fortnight (anywhere in the country).
- Experience designing within the electrical utilities industry.
- Experience working on projects of LV - 33kv
- Strong communication skills
- Use of AutoCAD
- Somebody with an ICP / DNO background.
- Full UK Driving Licence
We are looking for an Electrical Engineer with considerable experience in tendering, estimating and design, ideally for HV projects at 11kV and 33kV. You should be qualified to HNC level (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering
This role is an opportunity to progress with the company and may lead to a Managers position to manage the Design / Tendering department as it grows
Experience working on projects up to 132kv
To be considered for the role of Design/Tendering Engineer, please apply with an updated CV.