Our client is a leading global integrator of communications and security solutions for businesses, industries and governments. They provide bespoke Integrated Telecommunication Solutions worldwide and due to an increase in demand are currently looking to expand.
Role Summary: -
We are currently recruiting for a Design Engineer for our client on a contract position based in the West Midlands. This right candidate will be producing system designs for one or more projects across our key industries: Rail, Utilities and Oil & Gas.
The successful candidate should have the following experience; -
Main responsibilities/experience; -
· Responsible for accurate and timely production of design documentation for allocated projects along with preparation of a Bill of Materials within the allocated budget and the specified timescales.
· Recognised expert within clients for one or more systems, providing support and guidance on these systems to colleagues across the company, including within the bid and sales team.
· Detailed knowledge of industry standards and specifications, you’ll be able to produce system drawings and documentation to ensure safety, suitability and sustainability of designs.
· Identify scope creep, cost savings and variations, as well as working with other engineers within the team to design sub-system interfaces.
· CAD experience is not a requirement, you’ll work alongside our CAD engineers who will translate your system designs into AutoCAD drawings.
· You’ll be competent in reading and understanding client specifications and have at least 2 years technical design experience within the Rail, Oil & Gas or Utilities industries. You’ll have detailed design and configuration knowledge of CIS & PA systems (Rail) and/or Telecoms & Security Systems (Oil & Gas, Utilities).
· Proven training certification in relevant systems and a formal qualifications in a relevant discipline is required. Using your excellent written and verbal communication skills you’ll be confident in dealing with stakeholders at all levels. You’ll be able to multi-task, be hardworking and enjoy being in a fast-paced environment.
· Great organisational skills, be someone who pays great attention to detail and understands the importance of confidentiality. So, if you’re a team player with a passion for technology, motivated, flexible, possess excellent customer liaison skills, with a can-do attitude you could be just the person we are looking for to join our team.
Please contact me 0121 667 8638/ 0786 092 1198 for more information should this be suitable, alternatively, if you know someone who may be looking for a job like this, please feel free to pass this on.
Rubicon Consulting has grown to become a leading recruitment company working in niche vertical markets and has a reputation for supplying specialist talent that is second to none.