I am currently working alongside a growing subcontractor, who is looking for a permanent Design Engineer to produce accurate detailed sub-system design drawings.
The successful candidate will provide the client and PM (Project Manager) with a single point of contact and take responsibility for any aspect associated with the individual sub-systems under your control.
You'll be responsible for ensuring the delivery of documentation and materials on time, and to budget as allocated by the project manager. Additional duties will include Pre-FAT and FAT completion, onsite commissioning activities and sub-system configuration & set up.
- 2 years technical design experience within the Rail, Oil & Gas or Utilities Industry
- Knowledge of detailed design and configuration.
- Knowledge of CIS & PA Systems (Rail) and/or Telecoms & Security Systems.
- Proven training certification in relevant sub-systems and a degree or HND in a relevant discipline is required
- Ability to author technical documents and drawings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great organisational skills
- Great attention to detail
- Understanding the importance of confidentiality
You will be confident dealing with colleagues at all levels and will be able to multitask in a hardworking, fast paced environment.