We are currently recruiting for a Senior/Design Engineer work within the Electricity in Suffolk.
Reporting to the Design Manager, is responsible for the design of electrical networks and the maintenance of technical records. The post holder is also required to assist at the head office during an electrical emergency and participate in the electrical emergency standby rota.
The Senior/Design Engineer will also be responsible for CDM, ESQCR and Health and Safety matters relating to the Design, Planning and recording of electrical networks and have a good and professional understanding of all utility networks.
- Checking and approval of demand calculations and network design.
- Preparation and maintenance of procedures relating to the design of networks and network records.
- Undertake Technical and Safety Audits as required.
- Specification of the electrical design assumptions taking into account other utility designs.
- Initiate process and provide technical knowledge to obtain Land Transfers, Easements and Licensed Areas.
- Authorising and checking of payments to DNOs along with approval of BOQ’s and Job Packs to contractors in line with DOAG authorisation Self Assessment of Points of Connection and applying for Points of Connection where necessary
- Acceptance/Co-ordination of POCs
- Providing advice on technical designs as required.
- Advising and training staff undertaking demand calculations and liaison with UC, POC and ICP’s operational staff regarding connections.
- Supervision and training of staff and contractors undertaking network design.
- Authorisation/checking of projects
- Assist in the co-ordination of NRSWA Notifications throughout the country.
- Be able to create and maintain reports as well as setting & reporting on KPIs
- Accurate and timely data input to system
- Liaise with internal staff, developers and contractors on Technical queries and resolve network issues
- Maintain a competence and skills matrix of own team, undertake skills gas analysis assits the Design manager with developing and programming relevant training
- Provide accurate quality work within the department and company.
- Maintain a helpful and informative work environment.
- Assist the Design Manager in the development of greater efficiency within the Company.
- Ensure that all relevant information is recorded accurately and submitted on time.
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by the Design Manager.
- Comply with the latest company procedures, legislation and industry recommendations on all aspects of day-to-day work.
- Assist departmental managers in the development of greater efficiency within the Company.
- Undertake Standby duties as required
- Ensure all relevant information is recorded accurately
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by the Company.
- To multi task and take responsibility for own and team workload within specified timescales.
- Provide support to project managers during the construction of projects.
- Authorise expenditure in line with DOAG.
- Approve Design s in line with the DOAG.
- Undertake design approvals where Incorporated Engineers status attained.
The incumbent must be familiar with the relevant standards of service, and understand the terminology in clients Handbook to Site Agents” with particular reference to the installation of HV and LV networks.
The incumbent may also act as a Control Engineer during standby duties and electricity network emergencies.
The incumbent must hold a suitable recognised engineering qualification should:
- be qualified as an Incorporated Engineer registered with an appropriate engineering institution or working towards registration,
- have a working knowledge of current Legislation, Technical Standards & Specifications and ENA Recommendations relating to relating to electrical networks.
- Must understand the implications to the safe management of electrical networks based on these procedures.
must understand the safe design and operational management in the distribution of electricity as identified in Company procedures