Our client is a leading engineering firm with a solid footprint within the power generation industry.
Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting DCS Installation & Test Engineer for a contract position based in North East England.
Electrical/Controls Installation and Test Engineer
Oversee the installation of control systems cabling and wire terminations for the new controls (CCS) system, in its connections from the CCS (DCS) (Distributive Control System) to field equipment.
Followed by supervising CCS (DCS) test activities
These shall include :
- Advising cabling contractor(s), on field equipment and terminations.
- Identifying and advising solutions to technical queries concerning wiring, drawings etc.
- Advising cost effective alternatives and solutions.
- Liaising with Leeds GSC Operations personnel to organise Safe Permit to Work procedures
- Planning the phasing of new terminations to working equipment.
- Organising Set to work and Loop testing of signal interfaces from CCS (DCS) to Field equipment.
- Support CCS (DCS) Testing and commissioning activities.
- Facilitate CCS (DCS) Fault observation, recording and resolution.
- Ensure CCS (DCS) “AS BUILT” documents are maintained and updated.
- Any other duties deemed necessary by the manager
- Problem solving & troubleshooting
- Good communicator, a team player and able to function on a fast-paced project.
- CSCS (or equivalent)
- Asbestos Awareness
- SMSTS (preferable)
- 17th Edition BS7671 electrical regulations (Preferred 18th Edition)
- Experience of Safe Systems of Work, work permits, checking and approving RAMS
Please contact me for more information should this be suitable, alternatively, if you know someone who may be looking for a job like this, please feel free to pass this on.
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!