As a multi-award winning, billion-pound t/o Company, our client is a global business specialising in providing cost consultancy services within both the public and private sectors. Operating across Europe, Middle East North Africa & India, North America, the Asian-Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa, our clients pride themselves in providing independent, professional cost consultancy advice.
A key aim of their business is to provide added-value that comes from its close relationships with construction and project management specialists whilst maintaining the integrity needed to provide a high quality service throughout the development process
As a result of continual expansion, our client now seeks to appoint a Cost Manager to be based out of their offices in Birmingham. Reporting to a Divisional Director, your role will include the following:
• Interfacing with Commercial Directorate and Finance Directorate to agree rules for data exchange for Cost Management systems
• Interfacing with IT, Integrated Process and Reporting teams
• Supporting the development of cost management procedures, user guides and training material within major projects
• Supporting the IT team for data model and front end systems configuration
• Supporting Capability and Implementation teams
• Supporting the Major Projects Portfolio Office to assure project / programme commercial activities and intervene when non-compliance is identified
The ideal candidate will be: -
• A degree in Quantity Surveying / Cost Management or equivalent
• Working towards Membership of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
• Technical grounding in all aspects of cost management.
• Knowledge of all methods of procurement including traditional, D & B, PFI, consortia etc.
• Experience of advising clients on Value management, Value Engineering and Life Cycle costing.
• Management experience, both in the context of managing a team delivering a commission and general line management.
Interested? Call Nigel Brown immediately or send me an e-mail