To institute, develop and maintain project budgets and cost forecasts for all aspects and elements of the Project within the Cost Control Team. This will include the faithfulness towards project control standards and the timely and accurate production of monthly cost reporting, variance analysis, forecasting, cash flows and earned value checking reports for all assigned Programme / Function activities.
The work involves close relationships with other parts of the organisation and in particular the schedule team within Project Controls Department and the Construction, Commercial, and Finance departments.
The main aspects of the role will include:
- The understanding of the development and maintenance of a project budget;
- Cost and resource estimates to support the budget;
- Detailed change control to manage the above;
- Project cost reports;
- liaise with the construction department to monitor site costs;
- liaise with the scheduling team to support earned value analysis ;
- Liaise with the architect engineers project controls team; and
- Support the finance control and investment case teams
- (Working within an combined Project Delivery Team environment, or within the Project Controls Core Team;
- Providing process and technical support to assist in the management of the full project budget and scope
- Supporting the Project Manager and/or the Cost, Scope and Change Manager.
- Responsible for the preparation and monitoring of budgets and forecasts within construction;
- Following project control standards
- Production and control of budgets / forecasts and expenditure profiles for all work within the construction portfolio, utilising approved work breakdown and cost breakdown structures;
- Analysis of earned value and adverse trends;
- Supporting heads of function and project managers in the production of monthly reports through the provision of intelligent information and analysis;
- Co-ordination and production of cost reports and updated budgets to a defined reporting cycle;
- Analysis of trends and change within construction and the provision of feedback on areas of risk and opportunities;
- Analysis and integration of cost estimates and forecasts provided by contractors and suppliers;
- Support the cost estimating process;
- Liaise with other sections of team
- Conduct forward resource planning and budget preparation.
KEY EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
The nature of the Project is such that the requirements of each post may change significantly as the Project develops. This Job Description describes the current dominant liabilities of this role. However, it is not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive. It is an outline indication of the areas of activities and may be amended in light of changing needs of the Project. When changes are significant, they will be made in consultation with the Planning and Scheduling Manager and will be consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job.
• Degree or to the equivalent in engineering, construction or quantity surveying;
• Chartered equivalent or professionally qualified (i.e., RICS or equivalent);
• Relevant previous experience on a large project in a similar Project Controls role;
• Detailed understanding of cost management methodologies and techniques including EV analysis, scheduling and Risk & Change management;
• High standard of interpersonal skills with open communication – excellent written and verbal communication skills;;
• High level of analytical and numerical skills;
• Ability to work in a team as well as on your own initiative;
• Results focussed with a team centred approach;
• Strive for quality and excellence;
• Experience of work in a multicultural environment would be appreciated
• Understanding of engineering design and licensing in a UK context ideally within a nuclear safety environment.
Should you be interested in more details, please feel free to call me or send me an e-mail.