Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for Controls Software Design Lead
based in Stafford on a 6 months contract with an option to renew.
- Adhere to the delivery & quality processes and guidelines.
- Implement the full software life cycle (requirements, design, test specifications, implementation, unit and integration testing).
- Formal and informal engineering documentation to be created and maintained for all deliverables of the development lifecycle
- Implement the software designs in MATLAB/Simulink and PSCAD.
- Perform unit and integration testing.
- Support IST testing.
- Conduct and participate in engineering design reviews.
- Conduct root cause analysis on all defects.
- Ownership of control software conversion functions.
Skills and Experience:
- Masters or Degree qualified (minimum 2:1) in an engineering discipline ideally with Electrical Engineering, Power Electronics Engineering, Controls Engineering or Computer Sciences.
- Excellent design capability and experience in the engineering discipline of electrical and Power system
- Software development and software project delivery processes.
- Minimum 5 years' experience within the Electrical Industry or in a similar role.
- Experience as a lead technical software engineer or equivalent senior engineering role.
- Test Driven Design techniques (e.g. CI/Continuous Integration, Unit, automated regression, Kits, integration and software in the loop testing).
- Model-Based Design techniques (Matlab-Simulink).
- Power Systems EMT Simulations PSCAD.
- Conceptual understanding of full stack of software and in-depth experience in more than one area (e.g. firmware, middleware, control algorithm)
- Knowledge and experience in HVDC systems.
- Knowledge and experience in Agile development practices (e.g. Scrum).
- Knowledge and experience in safety critical and/or control system software development practices (e.g. IEC 61508, IEC 62304).
- Experience in JIRA and Confluence.
- RTDS knowledge preferred.
- Experience in IEC61850 communication protocol.
- MUST have Umbrella company
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!