We have multiple positions UK Wide
The role of the Controls Engineer will include carrying out a number of tasks on contracted customer sites These will include:
- Service – PPM and reactive woks when required
- Proactive improvements to customers Building Management System
- Energy solutions/engineering
- Joining an out of hours callout rota when trained
- Small project works
- Cover for absence on selected sites and contracts
- Assist with field quote creation, ordering equipment and delivering scheduled work
- Software development and creation
- Deployment of site files to customer/contracted sites
The Controls Engineer role will involve hands on work delivering the services above with some customer contact. The successful applicant will build an on-going relationship with all customers looking after the needs of the site and making improvements where applicable
The Controls Engineer will report in to the Support Manager (South).
The successful candidate will be electrically qualified and have a good knowledge of building management systems
The successful candidate will also be required to join a callout rota and be part of the escalation procedure.
The role initially has a low impact on the company as it will be largely supervised.
As skills are acquired the impact will steadily increase, with greater responsibility taken for the maintenance and operation of systems
The role involves gaining a good understanding of different complex technical control systems, and the ability to determine the cause of individual and multiple faults within each system.
The job holder must have the ability to learn quickly and approach problems in a measured and logical manner.
The role also involves the acquisition of communications skills to be able to explain and report on the above in plain and simple language to ‘none technical’ clients.
Qualifications or Required Experience
- City & Guild / BTec / NVQ Electrical
- Controls training / experience
- Experience fault find in electrical panels
- Experience working with computers
- Experience working with Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning Plant
- Report writing