Rubicon consulting is currently recruiting for a System Engineer on a permanent basis, based in Stone.
Modification of an existing telemetry system for the monitoring and remote operation of 11kV substations. The work involves the modification of Schneider Unity PLC and Citect SCADA software from requirements capture and design, to commissioning and handover. This role is predominantly at our office in Stone, but will require periods of working at our customers sites in the UK.
- Development of PLC and/or SCADA system design and options from customer requirements
- PLC programming of control systems and configuration of SCADA from developed or given designs
- Modifications to IP Systems including Networks, CCTV and IP Phone
- Involvement throughout whole software/systems lifecycle, from design through coding to testing, installation and configuration, and documentation (working throughout to full QA procedures) specifically production of design specifications and Test Specifications
- Working within project team to customer deadlines
- Installation and configuration/testing work at customer sites
- Engineering / Computer related or appropriate engineering qualification (degree/HND) or comparable industrial experience
- Good client facing skills, must be able to work as part of combined client/contractor team
- Experience of producing design documentation and Test Specifications
- Willingness to travel and work away when required
- Must be able to attain UK Security Clearance
- Driving licence
- Experience of at least 1 PLC and SCADA platform described above
- 3 years’ experience expectation to fulfil requirements of this post.
- Knowledge of project lifecycle
- PLC system design, coding, testing, and commissioning
- SCADA System Design, configuration, and Commissioning
- Experience of working in the Nuclear Industry.
- Confident and capable and able to work accurately under own initiative and within a team environment
- Ability to learn quickly, understand client requirements and translate these into an effective solution.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Have good communication skills
- Willingness to own workstreams
- Be flexible in working methods
- Safe work ethic
Please contact me for more information should this be suitable, alternatively, if you know someone who may be looking for a job like this, please feel free to pass this on.
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!